Sunday, August 5, 2007

Embarrassing Moments: Debra

I am not an easily embarrassed person. Perhaps it's because I'm so used to making an ass of myself that I long ago stopped caring. I like to think it's because I've realized how futile and silly it is to be embarrassed. Either way coming up with some moments to share wasn't easy. However, there are two moments that stand out clearly as being painfully blush inducing.

The first moment happen in the fall of my junior year of high school. I was sitting in the drama teacher's classroom (which many of you have also spent countless hours in) getting ready for a play I was in. One of my best friends, Cynthia, was helping me with my make-up. We were surrounded by a room full of other cast and crew members, including the guy I was just starting a budding romance with. All of a sudden Cynthia bellows out, "Oh my gosh, Deb. You have SO MUCH hair on your face!!!" No, I'm not exaggerating, she bellowed it out! The entire room fell silent and everyone turned to look at us. Cynthia was totally unaware of this, but she could see the shocked look on my face and the fire in my eyes that must have told her I was about to kill her. So, what does she do? She bellows out, "I mean... it's fine! You're blonde! I'm always looking at your face and I've never even noticed! It's just that trying to put make-up on it... I mean..." I don't really remember what happened after that. I chose to remember that I calming got up and walked out of the room but I doubt that's even close to the truth.

The second embarrassing moment is entirely my best friend Heidi's fault. Heidi, Cynthia, and I were having a sleep-over one night and decided that we needed a treat. I think we decided to go through a drive-thru because I decided not to bother putting on a bra. Now, being amply chested, this is not something I would do but we weren't going in anywhere so I figured it would be fine. We got down to Heidi's car and I went to get into the front seat. I guess I sort of threw myself into the car or something because... well... my breast smacked me in the face. I don't know how it happen! I sat there, with the door open, rubbing my face. Heidi looked over and asked me what was wrong. I said in a very serious voice, "I just hit myself... in the face... WITH MY BOOB!" I was truly upset and those two just laughed and laughed!

What's shocking is that this wasn't the embarrassing part. No, the embarrassment came when Heidi told me a few days later that she had told the story to her whole entire family at dinner! I couldn't look her dad in the eye for years! Thanks, Heidi. With friends like Cynthia and Heidi I really couldn't handle any enemies!

1 comment:

Heidi A Wilde said...

ROIJFDSOIFJOSD! Yeah, we gotta make sure you don't get too big of a head, you know. Very entertaining to read/relive :) Anna was sitting next to me and about fell out of her chair ;) We should hang out more so I can embarrass you again.