Saturday, August 11, 2007

HP Assignment: Jonas' Wild Ride

Ok, so I'll hope this works for the assignment, cause while writing it what I thought my original idea was kind of got away from me I think. Oh yeah, and it's kind of longer than I'd planned it to be too *blinks*





Looking out the window of the train, the young boy paid no attention to the person entering the compartment he'd had to himself thus far. "Do you mind if I sit in here?" the boy who just entered asked, getting a slight shrug and wave of the hand as a response before sitting down. "Thanks, I've been looking for someplace to sit for a while, my name is Manfred by the way, Manfred Nicholsworth." he said while extending his hand, which was ignored as the boy continued to look out the window while casually responding, "How nice for you." Manfred held his hand out for a moment more before pulling it back, "So do you have a name?" Without turning from the window the boy replied simply, "Jonas Jansson."



Manfred looked at the boy who was obviously from Sweden, what with all the sterotypical Swedish traits, he looked like he'd just stepped out of some sketch from a show doing a bit about Swedes, "So, while I was wandering through the cars I heard a rumor that Harry Potter is on the train." Jonas turned from the window for the first time and looked at him, "Oh? And I suppose that everyone is just so excited that he might be here?" Manfred nodded, "Well sure, if it weren't for him You Know Who might have never been defeated!" he said with a tone that made it seem he couldn't believe he had to state that fact. Jonas rolled his eyes slightly, "I can tell you're quite excited, I knew that I would have to put up with people like you, I just hoped it wouldn't be this early." Manfred looked at him with a look of confusion, thinking that he may have just been insulted, "What do you mean, people like me?" Jonas smirked at his expression, "People who believe that somehow a baby defeated Voldemort, what, did his parents give him a wand as soon as he was born?" he said, but at the mention of Voldemort, Manfred's eyes widened and he looked as if he may say something but simply fainted.



Jonas sat and waited for Manfred to wake up, which he did after a moment and promptly tried to run from the compartment, resulting in him bouncing off the closed door. "It's just a name, but I suppose I won't use it." Jonas said with a slight grin looking at Manfred scrambling on the floor. "You're one of those evil wizards! I'll just bet you can't wait to get into Slytherin with the rest of them!" Manfred said while scrambling back into his seat and forming a cross with his fingers which he held out towards Jonas, who just laughed, "Are you serious? You think I'm a Death Eater, not a vampire, you ponce," shaking his head he then looked at Mandred in all seriousness, "And no, I won't be joining Slytherin, most of that lot like to pretend to be evil, and besides, if that's what one is going for, why be obvious about it by being placed into Slytherin?" Manfred looked triumphant as he shouted, "Aha! So you admit you're evil! I've heard that all evil wizards are put into Slytherin!" Jonas rolled his eyes, "To think that they would all go into one house is ridiculous, so no, I think that I'll be in Hufflepuff, before you say anything, don't, I have it all worked out so that's where I'll be, besides I never said I was evil," as the train came to a stopp he looked at Manfred, "ah, looks like we're here."



Jonas watched as a line of students passed by the car, not standing up yet, Manfred still sitting and watching, as if he was afraid to turn his back to him, when he saw a young black haired boy with glasses pass, and he caught glimpse of a scar, "So, it is true, Harry Potter is here, I'll have to meet him at some point." he said with a grin. Manfred snuck into his pocket and pulled out a flask of water and began to splash it onto him, "I won't let you do anything to Harry Potter, everyone knows vampires and evil wizards both have a weakness to holy water!" Jonas looked at him in disbelief, "How did you even get accepted here? No matter, I know what you think, and you're wrong, just because..." he stopped as he got a splash of water in his eye and knocked the flask from Manfred's hand, "Just because I have my own agenda which may not be 'good' doesn't mean I'm trying be like You Know Who, fact is, I'm going to be more powerful than he was." Looking out the door, he seen that most the students had already left the train and moved towards the door, turning towards Manfred he seen that he had a necklace made of garlic and was trying to sneak it over his neck, "Oh for the love of...you know what? I was going to just let you be but I think it's for your own good if I don't see you again, so I'm just going to say one more thing to you." Manfred looked at him with a look of clearly false bravery on his face and spashed another bit of water into his face from his retrieved flask, "What might that be fiend?!" Wiping the water from his face Jonas looked at him and said quite simply, "Voldemort." Manfred jerked a bit before fainting again and collapsing to the floor, shaking his head Jonas hoisted him up and crammed him into the overhead compartment and locked it before leaving the train.

3 comments:

goodnevili said...

I was going to do a swedish character as well but his name was Bjorn Jesterdaigh - back to square one.

Heidi A Wilde said...

ROIJFIJREOIJSFDOF! Very entertaining. *laughs* Cool, calm and calculating, especially set against the paranoid freak. Sticking with the J.J.'s are obviously evil streak I see *grins* Would be interesting to hear the rest of his story. Good job!

A clever name said...

Huh, who'd have thought that the Swedish were popular?

Well my studies still show that 87.4% of people with J.J. names are evil, like Jack Johnson, his plan is to use his catchy music to make the entire world mellow, then strike with like, pure evilnessness.