Sunday, July 8, 2007

Assignment Numero Due (2): Brainstorming! (July 8-14, 2007)

This assignment is self-serving. But, hopefully, it will serve you all as well, my friends. I am horrible at brainstorming because I'm excellent at self-censoring. I would like to get over that. Another reason this assignment is self-serving is that the topic is a potential screenplay idea for My Canadian Rose to direct. If any of your ideas do end up in produced screenplay, you'll get a "special thanks" in the credits and, perhaps,*dangles this next as a carrot*, a walk on role (read: extra). Oooooooh!
Topic: A horror movie that takes place in a corn maze. It's Halloween time, or at least Harvest/Autumn time. A group of people (teens, college students, a family, a church group, total strangers detoured to the maze by a washed out bridge) go out to a corn maze for an evening of light hearted fun, not realizing that the corn maze is (duhn, duhn, duhn) haunted! Or perhaps run by a (duhn,duhn,duhn) crazed killer! Or perhaps gets possessed by (duhn,duhn,duhn)demonic spirits! Or gets overrun by (duhn,duhn,duhn) genetically mutated creatures!
Assignment: Brainstorm all week about what horrific, frightening, gruesome, gory, humorous(?) things that could befall our hapless victims. Write them all down. No censoring! So, there should be no assignments turned in prior to Saturday. But do think about it everyday and write down everything that comes into your head. Also, after you write down something say to yourself, "Now that is a million dollar idea!"
Enjoy!

4 comments:

Heidi A Wilde said...

Great, Hill... I guess I'll be keeping a dream journal this week, eh? *grins* This sounds like it will be fun though... and who better to serve than yourself, right?

Haven said...

I will do my best at this, but I really do not like this genre so I doubt I will win the coveted "Big Thanks" and/or walk-on role. Mon Poop is the expert on this type of pulp, so I put it to you, I leave it to you. :P

Debra Christiansen Jacobson said...

Oh how fun! *hop hop hop* Is it ok if I mush the idea around a bit? I mean, still a corn maze but also an old house and maybe no washed out bridge? Oooooo.... ideas! :D

Hillary said...

anything goes with this. Write everything down!