Monday, July 16, 2007

Boo!!! or not.

Heh, ok, this is for last weeks assignment that i totally procrastinated. Brought to you now in ramble format:

I couldn't really think of anything that had to do with groups. For some reason I just had a hard time thinking about a bunch of individuals and how they'd survive (or not) in a cornfield. Sooo....

My thoughts did keep drifting to a lone person though. Like maybe visiting grandpa's for the summer and liking to get out of the house.. or being driven out of the house. Maybe grandpa's creepy. Or just old and doesn't relate. So maybe the kid (I was thinking a girl) would take solace walking around the farm.. into the cornfield.. maybe sees something (a flash of clothing) and gets lured in, or walking a dog and gets pulled in. Something like that.

Now just a kid in a cornfield could get boring quick, so maybe she has a handicap or something? At first I was thinking she was deaf and couldn't hear all the creepy things happening.. but then I thought how much more scary would it be to blind and let her imagination run wild with all the wind sweeping through the corn, a windmill that's old and rusty, animals wandering around being... creepy. Especially being lost in a huge cornfield and no clue on how to get out.

So it ends up not really being haunted, but every sound made to think it is. I like the idea of the dog finding her and bringing her back out. I know its not quite what the assignment called for, but those of you that know me know that I don't have much of an imagination... It makes me appreciate those that do even more :)

5 comments:

Hillary said...

What I've noticed is that sometimes when I think I have a lame or an obvious idea, other people think that it's fresh and cool. Brainstorming is just allowing all the ideas to flow. Your idea is really cool and it did take imagination.
I bet if you take the time to brainstorm more, you'll find that you have imagination after all.

T. Fisher said...

I actually really like this idea. It may be a bit more difficult than the average slasher flick to bring across on screen, but it has the potential to be a pretty cool sort of psychological horror story.

A clever name said...

I like the idea too, would make a really cool kind of psychological story, kinda like a M. Night Shymalan type thing. Yeah, I know that I prolly mispelled his name, his fault for having a long name.

Heidi A Wilde said...

Bah! Pfft! You do so have imagination... I've heard all about your imagination... siriusly *blinks* J/K about that, but I'm serious about you having imagination. I think you could write this into a really intense book. Or as a movie have it be what her imagination was showing her... in flashes or maybe reality is the flashes. I see a lot of potential here. Good job!

Debra Christiansen Jacobson said...

Silly Anna! No one can be as funny as you and NOT have an imagination! I loved the idea of her kinda seeing some flash of a person and following it in, that's great. I also love the idea of her being blind or deaf! Good job!