Monday, July 9, 2007

Brainstorming by Cotton

Someone gets caught in a combine. Lots of screaming and spurting blood and viscera.

It's all just a test for a wayward son to appreciate his family and get off the drugs. He very reluctantly accompanies his family on this outing. It all goes wrong, but in the end his family is ok and he has learned his lesson. Kind of like The Game.

The teens have been in the maze for many hours, experiencing much horror and two dead companions already when they come across a basket of harvest fresh apples. The Tubby One leaps at the basket and begins devouring one. Only when he's got it half eaten does he realize it's full of maggots! EEEWWWW!

The scarecrow comes to life and chases them with a sickle.

Two of the college students are a couple and they jump in the hay wagon for a little "roll in the hay" when one gets impaled on a pitchfork "accidentally" left behind. Or, perhaps the scarecrow jabs it up through the bottom.

The victims come across a "field of poppies" and they begin to halucinate nightmarish things that cause them to attack one another.

They go for a hay ride and the horses get spooked, running out of control until the wagon crashes, pinning one of the friends under it. The others go for help, leaving him alone and helpless.

A demonic fire starts in the middle of the maze that chases its victims without actually burning any of the corn--which would, of course, destroy the maze and make it easier to get out.

OK So I got kind of on a roll here at the last minute and then got a phone call from someone in Spain whom I haven't seen in over a decade and now I really need to sleep. So I will respond to everybody's assignments tomorrow. Sorry I have been late on this assignment. I will do better.

I hope you had fun with this assignment. I was beginning to and I think the little affirmation helped fuel the fires, so to speak. How was your experience?

4 comments:

A clever name said...

I like the combine idea, cause I think it'd be neat to see someone get caught in a combine in a movie.

Heidi A Wilde said...

Wow... yeah I think I did the assignment all wrong, but I got stuck on one idea and kept going with it. Nice job with the tons of examples!

T. Fisher said...

Okay, somehow I've managed to miss this post 'til now. Not sure how that happened. Anyway, these ideas all have the makings of a good horror movie, complete with all the characters one expects to find in a horror movie. :D

I gotta say that combine idea is really, really gross. I'd probably cover my eyes, hehe. Big machinery scares me, it's like it's an accident just waiting to happen. I don't like it, at all.

Debra Christiansen Jacobson said...

I really like the idea of the demonic fire chasing people around but not burning up the corn. The combine is, of course, a great idea! :)