Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Hillary's Horror Flick Assignment (Hurt Fam=Haven)

I'm not sure how to write in screen play format, so I'm just going to write it out. I'm saving this blog post as a draft so the ideas are written in first to last order, and then I don't have to waste paper or lose it somewhere...:P Forgive me if it's jumbled. I'm not very good at writing yet.

***

*eerie noises as fade in to corn fields, camera from a first-person (??) view-point (from the character's pov) of a child* Sounds of a child sobbing and trying to run through the corn maze, out of breath. Distant sounds of screaming and terror. Crunching sounds from behind as someone stalks closer and closer. Stopping to catch her breath, the child changes direction and runs until she can't her the crunching footsteps anymore. She looks behind her, thinking all is safe, when suddenly there's a rustle and you see her terrified expression as she screams...*black out*


** 2:47 AM, Home of young family, three days before corn maze adventure **

Child cries and yells, "daddy" repeatedly, terrified. Startled, the parents awaken and the mother goes in to console the child. Realizing the child is in a cold sweat and truly frightened, the mother takes her from her crib and into their bedroom to console,etc. The child frantically tries to get away from being near her father, not wanting to look or be touched by him....

Basically going on from there, the father is the one who is zapped by the evil forces in the corn maze and comes after his family. The child's dream is a foreshadow of things to come.

5 comments:

Debra Christiansen Jacobson said...

Havs, you are a VERY good writer! I loved it! I love your opening with the cool camara angle/pov and the child running! I love the idea of the dad being the one who kills them and I love the idea of the child having a dream about it. Very good job!

Hillary said...

Thanks for taking this assignment on even though it was not your cup of tea. Those are some scary ideas. The stuff my nightmares are made of!

T. Fisher said...

I agree with the others that this is a cool idea. I think some very interesting things can be done with this, especially if the child's clairvoyance isn't limited to just the dream, but is a recurring aspect of the storyline.

A clever name said...

I also agree with the others that the idea is cool with the dad being the villian and the kid being the one that knows it.

Heidi A Wilde said...

Well I'm late in commenting, but good job anyway, poop :) Very scary indeed. Can she use her premonition to stop the horror? Who knows :) Would anyone believe it was more than just a nightmare? *grins* And don't say you aren't a good writer yet :P I've never read anything of yours that I haven't liked, so :P