Sunday, July 15, 2007

Corn Maze/Horror Flick Assignment (Debra)

Ok, I took a different approach and just jotted down any ideas I had and then why they were good ideas or bad ones. Not sure how much fun my rambling will be to read. Please excuse the grammar, I've just typed it as I've thought it. Good luck understand it! lol

Idea 1: Evil kids are the scariest. Especially if there's nothing wrong with them, they're just evil sociopaths. Evil kid/kids would make a great "villain"/murderer... especially if it's a girl. So serial killing 12 year old girl. That would be cool.

Idea 2: What if the group of people are older, like 30ish? Would that appeal to a younger audience at all? How would that do given that most horror slasher type films are about teens or college age people. What if it's a group of 30 somethings that decide to have a little fun around Halloween by going out to a corn maze. They are married couples and single friends. Professionals, regular people. They get to the maze late, just before closing, but think they can get through it really fast so they go in. They get lost in the maze and when they finally get out everyone else is gone. No cell reception and tires slashed? Or maybe batteries in their cars are all dead. A creepy old house not too far away, they go to use the phone and of course the owner is a killer.

Idea 3: Should the evil crazy killer be the "good guy", the most sympathetic and sweet character? Is that too over done?

Idea 4: I like the idea of tons of cliches but I wonder if that would end up being a bit too much like Scream... or worse it would really be something more like you'd see on the Disney channel around Halloween. Frankenstein, Dracula, the Mummy, a witch... is that just silly? I don't know how this could be done in a way that would really make it cool but I love those old black and white horror flicks. It'd be cool if there was a way to do it right but I don't have a clue what that way would be.

Idea 5: How about a crazy couple who can't have kids so they run a corn maze and steal a kid or two every year out of it and then keep them locked up in their house... or maybe kill the kids after a year because they don't want them to get too old. Is that too much like Children Under the Stairs? Maybe, but that was a really creepy and scary movie in my opinion.

Idea 6: The villain/killer person could be a very creepy old man who is a religious fanatic and anti-Halloween. He could kill people in the maze because they are evil for celebrating Halloween. That could be very scary. He could recite bible passages while he tortures them.

Idea 7: The movie should be called Corn Stalker with the er in dripping blood. Now that's cool! :)

4 comments:

Hillary said...

Wow, Debra those are some fun ideas that I may take some time to "brainstorm" specifically on. I like the religious fanatic idea.

Also, I think that evil children are the scariest so I just refuse to watch scary movies with evil children. (Even when they're not evil, children can push your buttons until you go quite mad.)

T. Fisher said...

I like the religious fanatic idea the best. It's a premise that I don't see done very often, which is a plus. It could be like Frailty in a corn maze!

And, ew, now you've got The People Under the Stairs running through my head. Those two were some of the creepiest villians ever! Ew, ew, ew.

A clever name said...

Think I like the religious fanatic idea the best too, because like it's been said it's not something you see very often, and it would just be creepy having someone recite passages before killing someone.

Heidi A Wilde said...

Not to seem like a broken record, but I agree... the religious fanatic would be a really good one to develope. Frailty really messed with my head and I think that's much more scary than gorey things. Ditto about evil kids. I don't want anything to do with that. I detest it when kids are evil in movies because when kids are evil its a more raw, pure form of evil than an adult... and its just worse... know what I mean? Anyway... go with the religious fanatic! I want to hear more about it! :)